BLEEKER

blah blah blog

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Day 450

This company is officially an a$$hole and I am officially a whore. Back in my naive, slightly optimistic New York days I met a temp who said he had been temping for 5 years. I thought this was urban legend or maybe he was an actor. No, no kids. I am living that dream. I have been temping for 1. 25 years with no end in sight. Sure my teeth are rotting, my eyes are detoriorating, and I have an unlimited number of unpaid vacation days, but my self-respect is definitely the most missed benefit. If I lose a leg I'll fashion a replacement out of bungee cords, an old shoe and a busted up chifarobe (allusion only my sister will understand). But I can't hide that I am paid weekly instead of biweekly. I don't even want to work here! Damn you eternal frozen budget!! Though I know my unemployability is mostly due to my business impotence this hypercorporate/capitalist company really is not helping the situation. Well, I'm off to steal some pencils to make myself feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home