BLEEKER

blah blah blog

Monday, August 28, 2006

Editing, Scientist Style

I am man enough to admit my deficiencies. And woman enough to ponder them for too long and finally accept them:

1) Old Blog Syne
'Tis true Mr. Commentator 2nd From the Top. This blog has a gross misspelling, only in that I purport to be an expert resident of this neighborhood yet cannot even give it the correct name. Yes, yes it is spelled Bleecker, not Bleeker. Let's just pretend that I got too concept heavy with combining bleaker (despair) with bleecker (the street) and just ended up misspelling and not conveying.

2) J.B. Beverly and the Wayward Drifters
Near the end I refer to the lead singer as Stanley rather than by his actually last name. I believe I was thinking of Ralph Stanley. And Stanley and Beverly sound like the perfect transposed 1950s sitcom couple anyway. I apologize to the band.

I promise to edit my online journalistic work much butter from nows one (kids love irony). More grammatical editing, less thought editing. That is why things may be making a little less sense around here.

EDITORIAL CORRECTION: In the Popmatter's record review Mr. Beverly has vocals that attempt to set you on a barbed wire fence NOT razor wire.
Please visit their website J.B. Beverly and the Wayward Drifters (I actually do like it)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your blog i like.
    make this rain stop, please. please, please

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger stinky tofu said…

    ack. i've always thought it was a witty amalgamation of "bleaker" and "bleecker". i'm saddened by your confession. some things are better left unsaid.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger lex said…

    it was intentional. i was just slapping myself around

     

Post a Comment

<< Home