BLEEKER

blah blah blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

KQ102

Delilah: Hi, who is this?

Caller: Hi, Delilah. This is Rwanda.

Delilah: Hi Rwanda, can you tell us who the special someone is that
you are holding a dedication for?

Caller: Well, I was born prematurely and had to spend the first
several months of my life in an incubator. Those nights were
physically very, very warm, but mental I was lost. Until this
special man came into my life. The daily visits of his orange
rubber gloves into my incubator felt like a shot of Lidocaine
to my system. Those visits got me through those days and helped
me reach my release wait of 12oz.

Delilah: Sounds like he really helped you out during a hard time in your
life.

Caller: I only had eyebuds at the time and the feeding tub prevented me
expressing my gratitude, but I just want him to know how special
he was and is too me.

Delilah: Well, what can I play for you?

Caller: Could you play John Mayer's cover of 'My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean?"

Deilah: You got it...Do do do, do do do,
My Bonnie lies over the ocean, My Bonnie lies over the sea
...

**Shockingly there is not a Wikipedia entry for Delilah,
so I have created my own**
Delilah is the gelatinous voiced soft-rock syndicated radio dj. Each night, on 'Delilah After Dark' this adult contemporary velvety June Cleaver spins timeless tracks from Rick Astely, Taylor Dane and the later works of Aaron Neville. The songs are presented by listener requests and accompanied by their personal stories of inner demons and a lack of perspective. Her work can be found in your mother's station wagon, on the radio in women's correctional facilities, and Sade's home safe.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Porterologies said…

    I love Delilah. She used to soothe me with her voice on long road trips. Everytime I was dishes in suburbia with orange gloves, I will think of her and you and Rwanda simultaneously.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home