BLEEKER

blah blah blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ever tightening noose

Our project manager consultant has been fired. It's strange since he still shows up to work and inhabits the office behind me. He said that his boss has set up other work for him and he will still be working for E----- (company confidential due to the chip they implanted in my retina). I believe that he just refuses to leave, which is a great strategy. Way back when the other "freelancer" was fired on the spot, he also said he was not worried since he had a job lined up. Obviously everyone is lying and this is purely a defense mechanism. I, on the other hand, would swipe my good pen and say, "Fine. You're all assholes anyways. I'm going on vacation."

It's very sad to see a middle-aged man who just the other day was worth $150,000 annually is now relegated to hole punching documents to tidy up the publisher's untouched archives, so he can feel useful. Well, it's not that sad since he was super cocky and I questioned his usefulness daily.

Once the iron hammer was thrown down, we were called into a meeting to reassure one another that we would be employed the next day. Of course my job is safe. I'm not even on the roster. For all I know, the firing manager probably thinks that my salary is going towards a high-quality postage machine. I'm going to change my name to Pitney Bowes just to be sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home