BLEEKER

blah blah blog

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Documentation of things mundane

I have no original thought. I do, however, have an uncanny ability to steal ideas and miscounstrue them so that the intentions of the original no longer exist and become decipherable only to myself. Therefore, I have stolen Linda's idea of creating a photo album of snapshots of daily self-portraits. Hers is cute and it sounds like a nice way to examine the trivial details that make my life. If these ramblings aren't self-indulgent enough I now have visuals to accompany this blogarrhea.

AUGUST Visual Diary (also located on the sidebar for easier daily access)

As you have noticed today is the 9th of August, so I am already knee deep in this little life pictorial. It isn't as easy as it sounds to photograph yourself daily. It makes me extremely self conscious to take photos of myself while I am in public places. People probably think you are (a)insane (b)completely self-absorbed and then proceed to give you a deserved physical evaluation and disapproval.

I also find that even when there are actual events to document stopping to photograph them ruins the moment. This is so special, hold on, say cheese, wait...my face looks gigantic, act happy again. So the majority of these pictures are simulated, but I actually do ride a tortoise everday.

And of course, my life is not that interesting. I have pictures of fruit as some of my picture worthy activities. Come on rockstar, what do you do everyday?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha, i didn't ask you to read this either. i will now be forced to post obscene comments on your self-promotional site. but thank you for your admiration.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home