BLEEKER

blah blah blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Somewhere Where We...zzzzz

Tonight I will attend the snooze fest known as Keane. I admit that I was drawn to their single ‘Somewhere Only We Know’ by its sweet melody, high school heartbreak lyrics, and beautiful castrato vocals. I received a copy of the CD and by track 2 I was lulled to sleep. After I awoke from my Brit pop slumber I attempted to listen to ‘Hopes and Fears’ consciously. Ten minutes into track 1 I realized that I was 4 tracks into the album. Though I appreciate ‘consistent’ albums, this is one entire laborious swan song.

However, this will allow me to see Regina Spektor perform again. Regina and Keane have nothing in common. It is unfortunate that all artists that utilize a piano are lumped into the same category. “Yeah, Regina is kinda like a updated Sarah McLachlan with a Liberace sensibility and the playfulness of Ben Folds.”

My predictions:
Audience: ‘hip’ moms and dads; seated through entire show - possible swaying (C-)
Venue: RadioCity Music Hall is gorgeous - red velvety interior accented with gold curtains; makes the Rockettes seem like a classy act (A+)
Stage: possible magical woods motif or soft purple lighting;; lead singer making out with the microphone stand
Exit lines: well-mannered, single file

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home