BLEEKER

blah blah blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Johnny Cash is like a virgin

The Wanderer

When I heard this song I immediately thought 'like a virgin, touched for the very first time...woah, woah, oh, woah' (currently, I am rolling around my cubicle, pulling my cardigan opened and closed). I imagined Johnny Cash in a lacey white wedding dress crawling upstage reaching for the mic stand.

Madonna, or her songwriters, bastardized Can't Help Myself (Sugarpie Honey Bunch) by the Fourtops to create the baseline to Like a Virgin. I'm sure their songwriters ripped off a man on the side of a road beating a tin can. I always suspected that humanity would run out of original riffs, basslines, etc. sometime soon. This proves that we have come full horrible circle, but all 3 songs referenced are great regardless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home