BLEEKER

blah blah blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Boss

My new boss is extremely nice and pleasant. I am unsure if it is due to his Dutch demeanor or his only recent entry into NYC. Something, something must explain this unnatural work place behavior. He reminds me of one of those bosses that you see on TV walking down the street with his assistant after lunch when Ambush Makeover attacks. He is the type who would say "Sure! I'll give Alexa the day off. She has been looking a bit frumpy and is need of a massive overhaul. Please, please do all that you can." He would also be the only coworker (or friend) that would show up for my reveal. In his honor, I have taken time out of my work day and online current event reading to acknowledge his consideration and express my gratitude.

Though my first supervisor was viscious and self-deluded, everyday was entertaining. When I gave my 2 weeks she didn't accept this and convinced me to stay on for 1+ week longer even though I told her my lease had already ended and I would be forced to live in my car. The following conversation ensued (AL=me; CB=crazy boss):

AL: Hi, umm, I am leaving in 2 weeks.
CB: Really? Where are you going?
AL: No, I am quitting. I am putting in my 2 weeks.
CB: What are you doing instead?
AL: I am moving to New York.
CB: Do you have a job lined up?
AL: No. I'm not sure what I will be doing, but I am leaving in 2 weeks regardless.
CB: Well, we really need you since J--- won't be back for before that time. Are you
sure you can't stay for a little longer?
AL: Well, my lease runs out and I don't have anywhere to stay.
CB: We really need you. You can stay with me during that time. I have a spare
bedroom.
AL: Thanks for the offer but I already have it planned out (in my head: yes, that would be so awkward, and start office rumors that I was not only her office gimp, but private one as well).
CB:...oh yeah, my mom is coming to visit during that time, but you guys could share
or we could work something out. Really, it's not a problem. Oh, the dogs. Hmm, don't know how they will like that.

In the end, I used my car as a closet/lunchtime break room/uhaul, slept on the couch of 1 friend and 1 cousin, spent 1 night in a motel and ended up on Rinita's cement floor. As I look back on it, these were all purely to increase the dramatics of the situation and to highlight my exit from the state since at the end of everyday I would remember that my sister had an apartment with an extra room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home